Keep reading to learn more about our commitment to sustainability within our four focus areas: Safety, Environment, People, and Products
American Rock Products strives to assure the safety and well-being of each employee across all departments. Our safety priorities include eliminating serious harm, becoming a learning organization, and cultivating an employee-driven safety culture.
To meet these goals, we incorporate various safety trainings and best practices, such as, Human Performance Trainings, ITCPs/Subcontractor Safety, See Stop Do Day, Risk Assessments (TRACK), Smith System Defensive Driving Training, and many other safety campaigns.
At American Rock Products, we recognize our role in contributing to a cleaner world. Some of our operational initiatives include: optimizing haul routes utilizing advanced telematics software, optimizing water use, maximizing recycled product usage, and energy conservation through extensive plant audits. Further, American Rock Products has developed product-specific Environmental Product Declarations (EPD) for our ready-mix and asphalt products.
- EPDs are a third-party verified document that provides a transparent, objective report that communicates what a product is made of and its environmental impact across its entire life cycle. EPDs provide a critical benchmark for our customers and stakeholders to measure our progress and contribution to a lower-carbon emissions world.
At American Rock Products, we believe our most important asset is our people. We empower our people, value their insight, provide stretch assignments and growth opportunities, and reward performance with a leading compensation package. In addition, we are committed to developing an inclusive environment that welcomes diversity of individuals and thoughts.
At American Rock Products, we aim for excellence in delivering customers quality products with a minimal environmental impact. That is why our operations include the following initiatives:
- Recycling used asphalt back into our finished asphalt mixes
- Replacing Portland cement with supplementary cementitious materials in ready-mix concrete
- Reusing returned concrete to produce ecology blocks at all ready-mix locations
- Crushing and selling recycled concrete